WHO WON THE ALSTROEMERIA SHOW AT KEUKENHOF?
Wednesday 2 May 2017, OZ Export visited the Alstroemeria show in Keukenhof. Many growers sent two of their best Alstroemeria, hoping to win the first prize. The guest of the Alstroemeria meeting (except growers and breeders) could vote for their favourite Alstroemeria.
The nominees are:
• Alstroemeria tr. White Pearls by Könst Alstroemeria.
• Alstroemeria Aaron by Royal Van Zanten, a deep purple coloured flower.
• Alstroemeria Pink Posh by Royal Van Zanten, a light pink with white on the inside.
• Alstroemeria Jaffa by Könst Alstroemeria a two-toned, gradient orange colour that looks like sunset.
• Alstroemeria Party by Hilverda Kooij, orange with a slight hint of peach colour.
• Alstroemeria Elegance by Hilverda Kooij, a romantic pink.
AND THE WINNER IS..
With a few more extra points the White Pearl Alstroemeria won!
The White Pearl is a spray Alstroemeria by breeder Könst Alstroemeria, with stems that are a little longer than the others. Grower Hoogenboom planted and grew them, which resulted in a rich flower.
ALSTROEMERIA INSPIRATION BY DUTCH DESIGNERS AT KEUKENHOF
At the floral show different types of Alstroemerias were combined into a big, colourful bouquet. Other showpieces existed out of stems of Alstroemeria put in little tubes with water that was arranged into a big green showpiece. Simple but beautiful floral designs were made of orange, purple, green and aluminium buckets filled with different coloured Alstroemerias. These small buckets with flowers really give you that urban feeling, and it is so easy to achieve.
As you may know our OZ Export buyers are true expert within Alstroemeria business. We have all the different sorts of Alstroemerias in our webshop. Of course the winner White Pearls is available. Order your favourite Alstroemeria in the OZ Export webshop or with your consultant.