THE DIFFERENCE IN HYACINTHUS FRAGRANCE
The Hyacinthus [ also known as Hyacinth ] is known for its fascinating scent and pretty little flowers! But did you know each Hyacinthus has its own specific scent? To make it easy for you to pick your favourite fragrance, we made a special ‘Hyacinthus Fragrance Map’.
THREE FACTS ABOUT THE HYACINTHUS
- The Hyacinthus can either be grown in sand or soil, yet the probability of growing them on water is more likely to be the norm in the future.
- The Hyacinthus remains a symbol of style and elegance.
- The Hyacinthus comes in many different shapes and sizes. For example, the single-flowered Hyacinth is the most popular, but the double-flowered Hyacinthus is also rising in popularity.
HYACINTHUS FRAGRANCE MAP
All Hyacinths have different fragrances, therefore we explained some of the differences in the popular Hyacinthus varieties.
You can rate the fragrance of the Hyacinthus, so it is easier for yourself and your customers to choose the right variety. Of course we love to help you with this! We made a little list and fragrance map you can use in your shop. We rated the most popular varieties from 1 (light) to 5 (strong).
Fragrance code 1:
- Hyacinthus Aiolos is one of the lightest scents, colour white, availability from the end of December – 15 April
- Hyacinthus Top White, colour white, availability form 1 October – 25 December
Fragrance code 2:
- Hyacinthus Miss Tokyo, colour soft pink, limited availability
- Hyacinthus Sweet Invitation, color salmon pink, limited availability (only for pre-orders)
- Hyacinthus Yellow Baby has a very soft scent, colour soft yellow, available from half January – 15 April)
- Hyacinthus Yellow Stone has a sweet perfume like fragrance, colour yellow, available from 1 Februari – 15 April
Fragrance code 3:
- Hyacinthus Blue Passion, colour lilac, available from 15 January – 15 April
- Hyacinthus Splendid Cornelia, colour deep pink, available from 1 February – 15 April
- Hyacinthus 5 Colour Mix, limited availability
Fragrance code 4:
- Hyacinthus China Pink is a stronger scent, but she is not that ‘sharp’ as the City of Bradford’s, colour pink, available from the second half of November – 15 April
- Hyacinthus Fondant, colour pink, available from 1 February – 15 April
Fragrance code 5:
- City of Bradford’s fragrance is a bit softer then the Delft Blue but it is still very strong, colour soft lilac, available whole season (1 October – 15 April)
- Hyacinthus Delft Blue has the most powerful ‘sharp’ scent, colour blue, available whole season (1 October – 15 April)
TIP FROM THE GROWER!
Please advise your customers not to trim the stems of the Hyacinthus. This allows you to enjoy the scent and colour of the Hyacinthus longer.
More important, if you cut the stems, the juices from the inside will break free. The juices will ‘poison’ the water with bacteria that will multiply fast, any other flower from the bouquet will deteriorate quickly. So, please remember to tell your customer not to cut the stems.
If you are a big fan of strong perfumes you should try the Delft Blue or the City of Bradford. If you like light au de perfumes you should try the Yellow Stone of Yellow Baby.