NOT ONE BUT THREE FLOWERS OF THE MONTH
Spring is in the air, the perfect chance to celebrate this with not one, but three spring flowers on the agenda: Ranunculus, Hyacinth and Narcissus (or Daffodil). At OZ Export we are focusing on these Spring bloomers the upcoming weeks. Will you introduce your customers to the Spring flowers as well?
THE ORIGINS OF RANUNCULUS, HYACINTHS AND NARCISSUS
- The Ranunculus is originally from Mid-Asia, but with many detours it finally ended up in Europe where it received its official name: Ranunculus.
- The Hyacinth came from Turkey, Syria and Lebanon to Europe around 1560.
- The Narcissus blooms spontaneously in meadows, woods and on rocky places in West-Europe.
SEASONAL SPRING COLOURS AND SHAPES
- The Ranunculus can have many different colours: white, yellow, orange, pink, red and purple.
- The Hyacinth is waiting for you to be picked up in the colours white, red, yellow, pink, purple, orange or multi-coloured if you can’t choose one colour.
- The most famous Narcissus is of course the yellow one, but there are also combinations with white or salmon-pink. Did you know that the Narcissus comes in different shapes and sizes? With or without leaves, with trumpets big or small, sweet smelling or no fragrance at all.
SPRING FLOWERS AND THEIR SYMBOLISM
Spring flowers like Ranunculus, Hyacinth and Narcissus burst with symbolism. Pride, charm or love, the opportunities are endless to surprise someone.
BOUQUET RECIPE WITH SPRING FLOWERS
Close your eyes… Imagine Spring, what colours do you see? To really get the Springy feeling, choose orange, blue, purple and white. Arrange the flowers in a high, cylindrical vase. With that much colour in a bouquet, the vase does not have to be special, the flowers will steal the spotlight anyway.
The ingredients for a beautiful Spring Flower bouquet are:
- Fern leaves
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SPRING FLOWERS
With these tips you will enjoy your Spring flowers even longer:
• Choose a vase and fill it with clean water.
• Add Chrysal to the water for a longer keeping quality. Please not to use special flower nutrients for Narcissus bouquets.
• Cut the stem in an angle with a clean and sharp knife or with secateurs.
• Put the flowers in a cool, non-sunny place and away from the fruit bowl.
• Refresh the water once every three days to enjoy your beautiful bouquet even longer.
FLOWER OF THE MONTH
The upcoming weeks these three flowers are in the spotlight of the Flower Agenda. Inspirational images have been produced for all the flowers in the Flower Agenda by keeping in mind the Horticulture Sector Trends 2017. These trends are a translation of the latest consumer trends focused specifically on the horticultural sector both indoors and outdoors.
If you would like to find out more about the Flower Agenda click here.
TO FLOWER THE WORLD VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
Show us your floral designs with these pretty Spring flowers on Social Media, use the hashtags #ozexport and #toflowertheworld and we will share your floral designs!
Order your Ranunculus, Hyacinthus and Narcissus in our webshop or if you are on your mobile device please login in our special OZ App.
Retour à toutes les actualités