FALL/WINTER TREND: DRIED FLOWERS
When creating a trendy bouquet, dried flowers might not be the first flowers that come to your mind. Yet, these durable beauties work well in any romantic or whimsical design. Especially during Fall/Winter season these flowers are great to use in your bouquet. Dried flowers are visible on many Instagram accounts of big influencers and appear in the trend reports for F/W 2018 and 2019 as well.
On the left you can see an overview of our Flower Gallery and on the right you can see one of the floral Fall arrangements
TRY DRYING YOUR FLOWERS: EASY & QUICK
There is a vast amount of flowers that you can dry yourself or that don’t need any drying. These flowers are very durable and will still look good even after a couple of weeks (sometimes even months!).
Some flowers that are perfect for drying:
• flamboyant Protea
• Sweet Astilbe
Other flowers that don’t need any further drying:
Multiple flowers know a broad colour palette. So finding your favourite dried flower can’t be too hard.
Drying your flowers doesn’t need to be difficult or hard work. The most important step is to make sure you find a dark and warm place for the flowers to dry. Then just follow these steps and you’ll be done in a second:
1. Divide the flowers in groups of 5-10 stems per bunch.*
2. Wrap a rubber band around the stems.
3. Make sure the flowers have enough space between each other. This way you’re sure they will dry as soon as possible and the original shape of the flower is maintained.
4. Hang the flowers upside down for the drying process to start.
5. Flowers with naturally hanging petals don’t like to be placed upside down and prefer to be dried normally. This also ensures the end result to stay naturally.
*Keep in mind, the more flowers you bundle together, the longer it takes for the flowers to dry.
This week our office was full of different trends with dried flowers. Below you can check two styles:
- Fall Orange – Combine different Fall colours into one bouquet. Fiery red, yellow ochre and dark orange are the perfect colours to combine for this trend. Besides you could also use these colours for Halloween.
2. Natural Greens – Natural colours are among the popular colour palette. Besides you can easily combine these colours with other flowers.
3. Iridescent designs – Create a trendy floral showpiece by using many different kind of colours. These arrangement was based on the iridescent trend.
For more October inspiration, check out the Halloween ideas news blog.