THE REMARKABLE FRITILLARIA
The Spring seasons brings so many extraordinary seasonal flowers to our webshop, we love it! Let your floral world turn upside down with the remarkable Fritillaria!
It’s a very unusual bulb crop that needs to be handled with care. The bulbs have no skin so they are far more delicate than Tulip bulbs. We have some excellent growers that grow some of the best Fritillaria flowers available.
GET TO KNOW THE FRITILLARIA
Did you know there are approximately 100 different species of this hanging beauty? They originate from Afghanistan, here they bloom in the wild alongside the river in damp meadows. Fritillaria arrived in Europe in 1575 and was brought from Constantinople to Vienna.
JUST LIKE A BIRD?
Enjoy this amazing flower which is named after a bird: the guinea-hen flower. The flower blooms in spring, and has similar markings to the bird.
Fritillarias come in sizes ranging from big to very small, and come in surprising and impressive colours: red, orange, yellow and purple and white with a chequered pattern. They also come in green with brown and orange spots, and burgundy with yellow edges and then there are some unusual colour variants: green with purple stripes and green with old rose.
FRESH FRITILLARIA DESIGNS
Fritillaria has stylish flowers which go perfectly with the first rays of spring sunshine and look just like cheerful bells. Place it in a subtle vase and enjoy this happy, floral lady.
ENJOY YOUR FRITILLARIA EVEN LONGER!
• Remove the bottom leaves.
• Place it in a clean vase with clean water.
• Add cut flower food to the water for a longer vase life.
• Cut or trim 3-5cm off the stems diagonally with a sharp, clean knife.
• Allow these flowers some space in a bouquet, so they’re not crushed.
• Regularly top the vase up with tap water.
• Do not place these flowers in a draught, in full sun, near a heater or next to the fruit bowl.