BOUNCY HARBINGER OF SPRING: THE VIBURNUM
Media Verdi produces high quality Viburnums [Viburnum opulus ‘Roseum’]. But what does this mean? We visited the grower to tell their story to you!
Walking through the nursery in between the beautiful green Snowballs you instantly fall in love with this flower. During this little walk Bianca explained that they sort the Viburnums to ensure top quality. Next to heavy flower heads and good quality they inspect the shape of the flowers and the decorative value (very important for florists and floral designers). The size of the flower balls should equal and the flowers have to bloom parallel.
A few other important unique selling points are:
• The flowers don’t have any damage by parasites.
• The dead growing-tip that is naturally present is removed.
• Consistent sorting throughout the whole season
• The stems are sturdier then most Viburnums
PANTONE COLOUR OF THE YEAR
‘Greenery’ is the Pantone colour for 2017! But did you know that the colour ‘Greenery’ is the colour of the Viburnum cut-flowers by Media Verdi? The refined globe-shaped sprays of flowers complete your trendy Spring floral designs!
THE PROUD VIBURNUM
The Latin name comes from ‘viere’, which means weaving or bending. If you want to show off a little (and you have reason to!), use a nice big bunch of Viburnum to symbolise pride.
A LITTLE HISTORY LESSON: FLOWER OR ARROW?!
Viburnums are shrubs or small trees that originate from Asia, North America, North Africa and Europe. The tropical variant occurs in South America, Indonesia and New Guinea. In prehistoric times, Viburnum did more than just brighten your home: the long stems were used as shafts for arrows. So what we perceive as the cute Viburnum could do quite a lot of damage.
The following tips will help you enjoy your fantastic flower for even longer!
• Place Viburnum in a clean glass vase with clean water.
• Add special cut flower food to the water for a longer vase life.
• Cut or trim the stems diagonally by 3 to 5 cm with a sharp and clean knife.
• Regularly top the vase up with tap water.
• Do not place your Viburnum in a draught, in full sun, near a heater or next to the fruit bowl.
Viburnum by Media Verdi is available from January until the end of April. Check our webshop or app for the availability or ask your sales consultant.
Back to overview